Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Contact the Author

I would love to hear from you! You can contact me at lamiacucina@adelphia.net or feel free to contact me on Yahoo Messenger, my user name is tesla5620 =)

Comments on "Contact the Author"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6/04/2006 10:42 PM) : 

Liiiiiiiiiiiiiis! My interweb hates your blog for some reason - it won't load up your entries :(

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7/11/2006 11:53 AM) : 

I made your recipe for antipasta squares on Sunday for my DGS first birthay party. People could not get enough of them! I've made them before but for some reason your recipe turned out much better than last time. We're trying the club sandwich version for dinner tonight :-p

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9/07/2006 9:27 PM) : 

Hi Lis

I reckon you should start stalking your mail carrier for your BBM package ANY day now. Can't wait to see what you think of your goodies and to reveal myself.

 

Blogger Lis said ... (9/14/2006 11:24 PM) : 

kucunest.. normally I'm notified when someone comments, but blogger didn't tell me you had - I hope you don't think I was ignoring you! I'm so glad you liked the antipasta squares! Everyone I know who tries them does too =) It's kind of an expensive little appetizer but well worth it! I hope the club sandwich version went as well. Thanks for stopping by! :D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3/26/2007 4:59 PM) : 

Hello from Greece and Congratulations!!! what a fantastic work you have done here.
Can i put a link on my blog?
Have a nice day:)
Natassa.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4/30/2007 6:28 PM) : 

too fakkin' funny Lis.! and please people it's antipasto (an-tee-past-oh..) jeeeez mangiacakes...

 

Blogger Finla said ... (8/10/2007 11:35 AM) : 

Hi
You have a great blog
I just started one. Ofcourse no so far as your, just a beginer
http://mykitchentreasures.blogspot.com/
It will be nice if u add me in your link
Thanx

 

Blogger Proud Italian Cook said ... (9/05/2007 10:09 AM) : 

Hi, I'm a new "Blogger" I would love to put your link on my blog, if I can. First I must learn how to do it!! Could you add me as a link also?

 

Blogger Liliana said ... (9/11/2007 7:07 AM) : 

Hi Liz!

WOW! Che Festa! All these recipes look amazing! You and Ivonne did such a great job of hosting this event. I am a fairly new blogger and am so happy to have met you and Ivonne and all the other foodies to share my passion of cooking and baking. Don't know which great recipe to try first when I get back from my trip to Italy.
Ciao..a la prossima...Liliana

 

Blogger joe@italyville.com said ... (2/01/2008 5:59 PM) : 

Hi Lis,
I love your blog layout.... I've seen many and yours stands out. I'm sorry I can't visit more often but I get hungry and start drooling on my keyboard.Sort of anti-productive:) Cheers - Joe

 

Blogger Lis said ... (2/01/2008 6:53 PM) : 

Joe! You rock.. thanks so much for stopping by and saying hi! :)

xoxo

 

Blogger Lis said ... (2/01/2008 6:55 PM) : 

Hugs Liliana! :)

xoxo

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3/10/2008 1:02 PM) : 

I see you cooking in the future. You should read a series of 3 books by Michael Ruhlman. "Becoming a Chef", The Soul Of A Chef", and "The Reach Of A Chef. Through the series he talks here and there of different malcontents who are miserable in the business world because either they have never cooked but are meant to, or they have cooked and are denying what they were "BORN" to do. Nice Blog BTW. If you read the aforementioned books however, don't call me for financing of your new restaurant venture! Bon Chanc!;)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3/26/2008 9:53 AM) : 

I don't even know how I ended up at your site but I am so glad I did! I love your style of writing, the photos, recipes, layout--well, everything. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this; I'm inspired to cook!

Kathy Van from TN

 

Blogger Lis said ... (3/26/2008 7:25 PM) : 

Pavlov - I am going to take your advice and read those book.. I really like Ruhlman. :) Thank you for taking the time to leave me that message!

xoxo

 

Blogger Lis said ... (3/26/2008 7:26 PM) : 

Kathy you have made my day, thank you. :)

I'm tickled you like the blog!

Soo.. whatcha gonna cook? :D

xoxo

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3/30/2008 6:58 PM) : 

Oh, my, where to start? We've made the Mexican lasagna and it was really good. We substituted black beans for the black olives as some here don't care for the olives. Tonight we had one of the boiled dinners with a side of key lime cheesecake pie (the WalMart near us has key limes). It's sort of green so I'm classifying it as a vegetable for tonight--Yay me! Everything was delicious! I was going to make the caramel cake for dessert, but I've decided to secretly make it later as a pillow for myself. I'm not kidding you, I want to lay in that thing!

We'll be making several recipes from your wonderful site over the next few days as some of the kids and grandkids are coming for a week or so. We'll be a bunch of cookin' fools!

Thanks for the inspiration and for taking so much time to make such a beautiful site.

Kathy Van

 

Blogger Lis said ... (3/30/2008 11:17 PM) : 

Kathy - Har! You crack me up! I'm glad you liked the lasagna.. I forgot about it! I must make it again! Sheesh.

Well I hope you have a great week with the kids and grandkids! Stop by anytime. :D

xoxo

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6/26/2008 8:07 PM) : 

Oh, lordy! I've been sitting here trying to catch up on all I've been missing on your site lately. You are so fabulous! I was reading out loud to the rest of the family your review of the movie, The Happening. Unfortnately, they were eating chili and rice at the time and were laughing so hard that now I have a big ol' spewy mess here! Based on your opinion of the fuktuppediness (I'm pretty sure that's a word) of the movie, I think we'll skip it.

Congratulations on being able to make all these fantastic recipes and still lose weight. Whatever you are losing is jumping over here and sticking on me--Eeek!

I think you should take everything from this site and put it into book form--it's that good!

Kathy V

 

Blogger Lis said ... (6/26/2008 9:36 PM) : 

Kathy, you are a riot and you sure know how to make me feel special - thank you! :)

Please send my apologies to those who lost their chili tonight. heee!

Fuktuppediness is most definitely a word and one I will use often from now on! HAR!

Hope you are enjoying your summer so far! Always so nice to hear from you, sweets!

Hugs!
xoxo

 

Blogger Pau said ... (6/29/2008 6:39 AM) : 

I want to be a member of Daring Bakers.
What I have to do???

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8/07/2008 8:58 PM) : 

Hi Lis!

I have tried to send you an email to join The Daring Bakers though it seems your inbox is full? Please send me an email about joining.

Thanks!

Dijana
dijana_g@korpcom.com.au

 

Blogger Willi said ... (10/03/2008 2:09 PM) : 

Hi,

I am an educator and my students are creating blogs. What template did you use? You have utilized all of your space on your blog in a creative way. How can we do the same thing?

Thank you

 

Blogger Roman said ... (10/04/2008 2:28 PM) : 

Hey, I´m Roman and I come from Germany. I must say that I like your blog.

Cheerio
Roman

 

Blogger Florian said ... (10/04/2008 5:09 PM) : 

Just started blogging (yoga related articles) and I was poking around for inspiration on site layout, content and aesthetics. You've got it all!! Thanks for being a great example for me...and for the great cooking tips, I'm an avid cook.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/05/2008 2:18 PM) : 

Excelente!!! Me ecnató este Blog!! Felicitaciones! que continúen los Éxitos!.
Un saludo desde Barcelona!... quedo a v/disposición por Consultas y/o Reservas
Mash

http://bed-and-breakfast-barcelona.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/07/2008 8:02 AM) : 

Hi Lis! I love your blog. Just wondering...do you have an apple butter recipe? It's October and I'm jonesing for some apple butter! Preferably crock-pot apple butter.

 

Blogger Lis said ... (10/09/2008 5:21 AM) : 

Hi everyone from Blogger.. thanks so much for your compliments! :)

Anon- I do not have an apple butter recipe, but my go-to recipe site, Recipezaar, has a 5 star crock-pot apple butter recipe that looks REALLY GOOD. You can see it HERE - hope that helps!

xoxo

 

Blogger Jeph said ... (10/10/2008 12:29 PM) : 

I just came across your site while searching for pepper steak, and woooow - you've got some GOOD stuff on here! I'll definitely be revisiting and trying out some of your recipes in the near future!

And it just happens to be that we're neighbors. Sounds like you must live up in Cleve/Lakewood, while I'm down in Rootstown (that's near Ravenna/Kent/Akron). Hope you're all set for the beautiful weather we're supposed to have this weekend!

 

Blogger Lis said ... (10/12/2008 8:57 AM) : 

Hi Jeph! Yep.. am up closer to Cleveland - and I have all my windows open this weekend - WOO HOOO! hehee

So you know it wouldn't surprise me if we had the S-word by the following week, right? Gah.

Thanks for stopping by! :)

xoxo

 

Blogger Amy said ... (10/17/2008 12:35 AM) : 

Lis - You were on Blogs of Note today! Good to see a Daring Baker Founder featured!

 

Blogger shashakoe said ... (12/01/2008 5:18 AM) : 

Hi, do you have a blog feed?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2/07/2009 5:01 PM) : 

I was searching for a banana bread bundt cake and came across your recipe. It just got done baking, and I'm so excited to try it! Anyways, I'm from NE Ohio too, and now live in Avon Lake. Great blog, I'll definitely be looking at some more of your recipes in the future! Thanks!

 

Blogger Lis said ... (2/07/2009 10:43 PM) : 

Hi Becca.. how cool! I hope you liked it.. Dorie's recipes are ALWAYS fantastic. :)

I'm on the east side of Cleveland.. Mentor. Were you loving the "big thaw" this weekend?

Thanks so much for stopping and let me know how that cake turned out! xoxo

 

Blogger Elle said ... (2/12/2009 11:31 PM) : 

Lis, Wishing you a Happy Valentines' Day as a married woman. Woot! Hope your health is better, too. xoxoxo Elle

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5/26/2009 11:52 AM) : 

hey! i love your blog...trying to start my own to organize my own meal ideas that i come up with...but I need help! I was wondering if you could please message me with how you got such a nice, organized recipe index! It would make life a lot easier....thanks!

 

Blogger Lis said ... (5/26/2009 1:27 PM) : 

Hi Sugarholic!

Unfortunately, that recipe index is so out of date, it's not even funny.

But basically all I did was go back to my first post and write down each recipe name.. then I sorted them by category and typed them all out. I do not recommend this if you have lots of recipes. Blogger now makes organizing your recipes pretty easy by allowing categories. I'd look to Blogger for some stuff to read about widgets and categories/labels. I've still got a really old edition of Blogger or I would have done the same thing long ago. hehe!

Thanks so much for writing! :)
xoxo

 

Blogger monica said ... (7/01/2009 9:58 AM) : 

hi, are you any near Hudson?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12/26/2009 1:42 PM) : 

Lis,
I did decide to join Daring Bakers. I have been looking at the website for a month or two. So I just took the plunge, made the food blog and joined. Thanks for the encouragement! I look forwarded to the challenging baking to come.....
jenn_bunnie

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/19/2010 12:48 PM) : 

I love your style! Everytime I read your blog I laugh. I can so relate. I'm originally from Kent, Ohio but now live in San Jose, CA. I just thought I'd let you know that I really like your blog and think you are absolutely hilarious.
Lisa

 

Blogger Lis said ... (2/19/2010 3:02 PM) : 

Awww Lisa! Thanks :) You, my dear, have made my day!!! I'm glad I could give you a giggle, that makes me very happy! :D

Are you missing the snow? Gah.

xoxoxoxox

 

Blogger Jeph said ... (2/19/2010 3:58 PM) : 

Ha! "Originally from Kent OH" - that's where I work, and I just live a short drive out in Rootstown, and BOOOOY did you miss some snow the last two weeks! It's only really just started thawing today since we got above 40 for a short bit and the sun has been out in full force.

 

Blogger Lis said ... (2/19/2010 4:03 PM) : 

Yeah I hear you guys south of us have gotten hit pretty badly. I'm going to jinx us up here by saying this, but so far, we haven't really gotten all that much - I think the most at one time has been around 5 inches?? Which is just a dusting. ;) But I know living on the lake isn't going to get me out of a huge dump one day soon, I'm sure. Gah.

Stay warm down there, Jeph! :)
xoxoxo

 

Blogger Jeph said ... (2/19/2010 4:09 PM) : 

Usually it's you folks up on the lake getting all the lake effect snow, while here in this area we have most of the storms split around us or just fizzle out. I've been LOVING all the snow coming up from down south this year...

 

Blogger jenn_bunnie said ... (3/12/2010 9:45 PM) : 

Lis,
I just want to thank you for encouraging me to join daring bakers. I was finally able to complete March 2010 baker challenge. It was a lot of fun!
jennifer

 

Anonymous nok said ... (4/20/2010 11:21 PM) : 

Come first time, Thanks for the Red Velvet cake recipe. I've found your blog by some friend's Blog in Thailand. Will visit your blog later soon

 

Anonymous nok said ... (4/20/2010 11:23 PM) : 

Hello from Thailand!!
Just visit by the first time . I've found your blog by searching in Thai cooklover's bloggang. Thanks for the nice RED VELVET CAKE recipe.will visit your blog again..

 

Blogger Dave G said ... (6/15/2010 8:13 PM) : 

Lis: Greetings from Aguascalientes, MX. Really enjoy your style and attitude. Bravo.
Any suggestions where I can find a solution to storing ~70 spices. I've got shelves but can't see em all even with tiers. Ready mades are overpriced and take up too much room. I wish I could find something compact (like the Spice Island display rack at the store) or something that would just show the bottle tops (that I'd label).

 

Anonymous Regina said ... (5/18/2011 9:29 AM) : 

Hi Lis, I just came across your blog searching for a marinade for london boil. I have never cooked a london boil, but always open to new adventures. PS I have friend who grew up in Mentor and now lives in Southeast Ohio. Can not wait to try this new recipe.

 

Blogger Lis said ... (5/18/2011 9:36 AM) : 

Hi Regina! I hope you like it! You'll let me know, yes?

I've been in Mentor for about 10 years now.. grew up further east. It's a nice lil city.. not too big and not too small. :)

Thanks for writing!
xoxox

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8/18/2011 8:20 PM) : 

Hi Lis,
I just finished hunting a gazillion sites trying to find your post again. London Broil was so cheap a while back that my dad bought way more than he and my mom could eat in any reasonable time. He offered to give me two trays, and although I've never bought/cooked this cut of beef, I was happy to accept his gift.
I hunted like crazy that time for information on how to best cook, prepare, cut it, etc. I did this on a computer that was not hooked to a printer, and when I saw your note and recipe, I wrote it down on a piece of paper.

I tried it and my husband and daughter really, really enjoyed it and I enjoyed how easy your recipe is!

I'm going to print it out this time so I never have to hunt again!

Thanks so much,
Wanda in Hawaii

 

Blogger Lis said ... (8/20/2011 10:06 AM) : 

Hi Wanda! I'm glad you found me again! And just tickled to death that you & your family enjoy the London broil marinade recipe so much! :) Thank you SO MUCH for letting me know.. you've put a big smile on my face this morning :D

xoxo

 

post a comment