Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Sunday, July 23, 2006

I never thought I'd say I was sick of my bed..

I've been stuck in bed with my feet up and a heating pad on my tummy for the past few days. Yes, I am NOT following doctor's orders and I am sitting at my PC right this minute. But lemme just tell you. A sentence of being imprisoned in bed for even 24 hours is way toooo hard to deal with. 72 hours and I'm going absolutely batshit crazy. I can not read another book, I can not talk on the phone for another minute. I will poke someone's eye out with my number 2 pencil if I am forced to do yet another puzzle. So I walk across the hallway to the office and sit with my feet up on the couch and play a lil online canasta, check my e-mail and do a lil surfing.. which brings me to this post. I found an incredibly funny and (for me) completely wonderous fairly new blog. It's not even a foodie blog.. it's a personal blog written by a gal who is originally from Texas but now lives in Naples, Italy. She did not deny her dream. She had visited Italy a few times and fell in love with it and knew she had to live there. So she upped and moved. Her journal describes what life in Italy is like compared to life in the states. She's fantastically funny and has a great gift in describing what she's feeling, seeing, tasting or doing. Oh.. and she takes pictures so you can see some of the beauty that she is seeing. Did I mention that a lot of those pictures include her boyfriend, Gennaro? Okay well, I don't speak Italian, but Gennaro must mean, "George Clooney clone" in Italian. *swoon*

If you'd like some funny, make you feel all melty/gooey, good reading.. check out Tracie and her adventures in Naples at My Life Italian. My recommendation is starting from her first post back in January and reading through the whole blog. The last month or so is sparsely posted as she found a job and life took over her blogging time.. but up until then, it's a great read. =)

Okay back to me now!! *cheesy grin* I haven't cooked, due to my prison sentence, but Hubbs made a "beer can chicken" yesterday. I'm happy to say it was a complete disaster. (Only because of the giggling and fun making we both got caught up in during the process of making this chicken he had to try and then in the less than fantastic results while eating said chicken.) I'll post about it another time when I can sit longer.

Also, I don't mean to be mysterious about what ails me.. I, apparently, over exerted myself while helping Hubbs bend some metal at work on Thursday.. I guess there are some abdominal muscles, that are easily aggravated since the hysterectomy, that I shouldn't f*ck with. As if I knew I was using these muscles?? And I pulled something.. or rubbed something the wrong way.. I dunno.. doc wasn't toooo concerned, but because of severe cramping and a couple other icky factors, she's sentenced me to bed rest. Some of the icky factors are going away but the cramping is still excruciating, so even though I'm a horrible patient (always have been, always will be) and am being naughty by sitting at my PC, I shouldn't stay here long.. so I'm off! Back to bed. Gah.

Labels:

Comments on "I never thought I'd say I was sick of my bed.."

 

Blogger Ilva said ... (7/23/2006 6:54 AM) : 

I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling well, it too boring to stay in bed too long. But I have to confess that nowadays being sick has become the only time that I feel that I can rest and have a short vacation from everything, i.e. everyday responsabilities-isn't that tragic?? I hope you will be up and about soon again!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7/23/2006 10:05 AM) : 

Dear butternut,

I hope that your pains don't stick around too long. You might get some amusement out of keeping a jar of dog peanut butter by the bed and coaxing the boys in.

It's amazing how frantic a little peanut butter on the lip makes a dog.

I await your rested, healthy and happy return to the blogosphere with bated breath.

Warmest regards,
Ellie

(Just getting ready to respond to the multitude of emails at work :P)

 

Blogger Laura Rebecca said ... (7/23/2006 1:35 PM) : 

Lis, I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. I hope you're back on your feet soon.

 

Blogger Acme Instant Food said ... (7/23/2006 2:22 PM) : 

That sucks.

But, listen to your doctor and don't push yourself (or any more metal with Hubbs.)

FEEL BETTER!!!

 

Blogger Lis said ... (7/24/2006 4:46 AM) : 

aww you guys.. thanks so much for the get well wishes, I truly appreciate the kind words, very muchly =)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7/26/2006 1:16 PM) : 

Hey Lis,

Take care of yourself. Or I'm going to have to come visit you and kick your ass!

(Thanks for the tip about the new blog!)

 

Blogger Tracie P. said ... (8/31/2006 11:03 AM) : 

hey lis--tracieb here. can i just tell you something? you're my new best friend :) thanks for your sweetsweetsweet plug! i wish you had left a comment and i would have visited WAY earlier...and i am going to start posting more, even if it's just a picture here and there. now ima gonna go explorin'...

 

Blogger Tracie P. said ... (8/31/2006 11:16 AM) : 

oh, and now that i told gennaro what you said about him, your his ego's new best friend

 

post a comment