Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Monday, May 28, 2007

A Quest for Thinner Thighs.. Hips.. Tummy.. Elbows.. ect.

About a month and a half ago, Kelly and I were discussing how miserable it is to be dieting and eating the same old salads over and over again. Granted, a salad is one of the most versatile recipes EVER. You can add almost ANYTHING to a salad. But.. well.. not so much speaking for Kel as I am for myself here, sometimes I just can't think of new and exciting ways to make a salad. For instance, take salad dressings. There are BILLIONS of salad dressing recipes out there and the salad dressing section of my grocery store is now almost half of a whole aisle. Gone are the days of Italian, French, 1000 Island, Catalina, Ranch and Bleu Cheese. Now we have vinaigrettes! We have emulsions! We have creamy, thin, sweet, savory, herby, thick.. Christ we even have Spritzers! Which, I'll have you all know, was invented by my own mom!! Yes it was.. she's been spritzing balsamic vinegar on her salads for YEARS! And all that time I was looking at her as if she had a third eye situated squarely between her brows. Now some other lucky spritzing bastard is a millionaire. Go figure.

Where was I?

Ahh yes.. salads and the varieties of them and their dressing. How's about those pasta types? The seafood salads! The macaroni salads! The potato salads! That green jiggly stuff each and every one of our Aunt Edna's use to make for every single family reunion EVER. Yep, you don't even need to have lettuce to make a salad. It's a beautiful thing!

And so.. we realized that even though there are billions of salad recipes out there - we just didn't trust those cook bookery chefs nor our own grocery market shelves - we want our fellow foodie friends to turn us on to their favorite salads and dressings and what have you that can be called salad! Your opinions are what we count on! So - we're askin'.. can you hook us up? Pretty please?


Salad-&-Date


We're allowing almost a full month before we wrangle up everyone's submissions and put 'em all together for some one stop shopping! ('kay two - Kel and I will split the round up) June 25th is the deadline. Round up will be July 1st. There are no rules to which kind(s) of salads you wanna share - just as long as it can be called "salad". Post your recipe on your blog and send an e-mail to either Kelly or myself with the permalink and the subject: Salad Stravaganza! If you'd like to include a picture, we'd be extremely grateful, but it's not a requirement. =)

Help my hips and thighs out, people! They're begging you!

Many, many thanks!

Kelly & Lisa

xoxo

Labels: , ,

Comments on "A Quest for Thinner Thighs.. Hips.. Tummy.. Elbows.. ect."

 

Blogger Kalyn Denny said ... (5/28/2007 8:54 PM) : 

Now here is an event just made for me! I have more salads in my recipe archives than anything else!

 

Blogger Deborah Eley De Bono said ... (5/28/2007 10:00 PM) : 

Sure, now you talk about salads after that heavenly post on the cream puff dessert.

I do love the challenge.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5/28/2007 11:17 PM) : 

I'm just going to start applying salad from head to toe!

 

Blogger Kirsten said ... (5/29/2007 1:19 AM) : 

Oooh yay! I love salads (and they love me too, as opposed to pasta and ice cream). :)

Do you want new salad recipes, or shall we submit older-but-great recipes from our post archives?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5/29/2007 10:54 AM) : 

Oh this is great! I can't wait to see the entries and to enter myself!

 

Blogger Kelly-Jane said ... (5/29/2007 11:38 AM) : 

I think my thighs are begging me too - but I try really hard to ignore them ;) Will have a think about this one and see what I can come up with.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5/29/2007 1:55 PM) : 

Okay, Lis. Now you've gone and done it. You've made me wonder about whether my elbows are fat. Sheesh. Ankles?

 

Blogger Helene said ... (5/29/2007 7:33 PM) : 

I can't shake that image of Ivonne...
I am game!

 

Blogger Chris said ... (5/29/2007 9:06 PM) : 

I am all about this! :) Great event...we're all going to look like rabbits by July 1st!

 

Blogger Patricia Scarpin said ... (5/30/2007 11:12 AM) : 

Lis, this is gonna help me a lot too! Yay!!

 

Blogger sher said ... (5/30/2007 12:27 PM) : 

OK! This is a great idea, and we can't let your hips down! I bet you will get so many great salad recipes, you'll be ready to apply to America's Next Top Model!

 

Blogger Sara said ... (5/30/2007 2:29 PM) : 

Cool! Sounds like fun.

 

Blogger Callipygia said ... (5/31/2007 3:27 PM) : 

Hmmm... a thinner elbow salad. I like the thought, now I just gotta come up with the salad. This is a great idea and alot of fun! Hip Hip Away!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5/31/2007 10:01 PM) : 

Looks like I'm going to post a second entry soon, if that's all right. And it's a two-fer.

 

Blogger Anna Haight said ... (6/01/2007 2:40 AM) : 

If you want a taste sensation, try Spicy Spinach Salad with Chocolate Dressing at my blog (April 14, 2007). Since it was already posted can't enter it into your event, but it's quite unique.

 

Blogger Lis said ... (6/02/2007 6:10 AM) : 

Kayln - I'm so happy to hear that - I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Mooncrazy - hehee and I love the salad you sent.. yum!

Ivonne - HAR! I'm enjoying that visual.

Kirsten - I know! I love seeing the salads you come up with on your blog. =)

Kristen - Yay! I can't wait either. :D

Kelly-Jane - hehe I think my thighs did a happy dance when they realized what I was up to.

Kelly - there is no wondering from me.. I know. Ankles, elbows, earlobes, toes.. etc.

Helene - I know me too! hahahaaa

Chris - Rabbits are good.. they are soft and cuddly. hehe

Patricia - Awww cool, I'm happy to hear that =)

Sher - HAR! You just made me snork my coffee. We are going to look so FIERCE!! after all these salads. :D

Sara - Your salad (yes I'm already volunteering you) is one I can't wait for - I know it'll be excellent. :D

Callipygia - hahahaha Hip Hip Away!! lol

Danielle - You now have my undying love (as if you didn't before.. and OMG that chocolate cake? My hips had to look away) :D

Anna - As I posted on your blog - I've stole your picture and copied the recipe - am sharing this salad of yours with everyone.. it sounds amazing!!

xoxo

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6/14/2007 9:00 AM) : 

okay now that I read it's not entire leafy...I'll enter the warm bread salad I just made.

 

Blogger evinrude said ... (6/15/2007 11:29 AM) : 

This is fun! Love love salads! Now, my friends don't call me Salady for nothing. Aha. What if I have more than one salad?

PS. I need a thinner everything!

 

Blogger S. said ... (6/18/2007 12:16 PM) : 

I just found your lovely blog via Alanna's entry on A Veggie Venture for this event. Looking forward to reading more of your posts--and as a confirmed salad junkie I can't wait for the salad roundup! : )

 

Blogger Thistlemoon said ... (6/19/2007 4:14 PM) : 

I am ON it!

 

Blogger Mari said ... (6/26/2007 8:45 AM) : 

I do hope that you will do this event again, I love salads eat them daily!

 

Blogger Ruth Daniels said ... (6/29/2007 8:09 AM) : 

OH NO! How could I have missed the deadline!!! I will definitely be checking back for the roundup.

Hopefully this will be the first of many and I'll get a chance to participate.

 

post a comment