Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Well I Finally Did It...

OHMYGOD I'm a married woman! There was a time when I never thought I'd say that and be telling the truth! :)

The wedding was lovely.. short and sweet just the way we wanted. The reception was amazing.. the hall was exceptionally beautiful, the food was superb and I had my closest friends, my mom and sis, and my husband by my side the whole time. I couldn't have asked for more!

Now this post might disappoint some of you.. but after writing and re-writing this several times I've decided to pretty much leave it as it's summed up above concerning the details. I'm going to put a few of my favorite photos on my flickr account and will leave ya'll with this link to go have a look if you'd like, but well.. my wedding was so incredibly special to me. Not only did I marry my bestest boyfriend EVER! But I spent many MANY hours with friends whom I adore and feel truly honored that they've allowed me to be a part of their lives. And my mom.. well, she was absolutely beaming.

This huge event in my life was so much more than a wedding though.. I'm not seeing this as the start to a new life, as I've made my life with W and am pretty damned happy the way it is. This was an ending to an accumulation of a few months of events, both good and bad. This, you see was a lesson learned from all of this experience. A lesson that's opened my eyes like nothing ever has before. I've learned that I'm loved.. and in a really big way. Yeah yeah, many came to help out (doing an OUTSTANDING job I might add!). Sure, we got lots of nice presents that we are very grateful for. And oh yesssssss the laughter was on over-drive. I couldn't have felt happier. Seriously. But that's not what ended up being what's important to me.

It wasn't until everyone left and I was alone.. the dishes were finally cleaned, the presents moved to their new homes, and several loads of very buttercream-y laundry cycling the washer and dryer did I stop with such a profound realization of just how much I am loved. And so I spent some time just thinking about the things I've done.. the things I haven't done.. the things I'd like to do. I thought about the smallest of joys each and every one of those people bring to me, and what I thought it was that I brought to them. And I smiled.

That evening after W went to bed, I sat here for HOURS writing my lil heart out. I wrote to each and every one of the people I had just spent a week with and I told them, unabashadly, how I felt for them. How much they mean to me. How unbelievably lucky I am that they continue to allow me in their lives. And I cried.. and cried and cried.. and between my tears, I smiled and giggled and truly felt just how much I'm loved.

To the one who straightened my collar and helped me put my earrings in, you were the one who gave me confidence.. To the one who brought me the calm that only you can bring me (without the use of pearl inlaid butter knives, of course).. To the one who was so nervous about Murphy's Law, but all I could see was loving preparation.. To the one who thought she over-stepped, but in fact, put me where I needed so desperately to be.. To the one who couldn't be here, but cried as if she was.. I love you all so very, very much.

To my "sisters" in both heart and soul.. how I love you both.

To the one who just held me, the way no one else can.. forever I love you.

To the one who will probably never read this.. my love for you will never die for you are the one who taught me how to be strong.

To my blimey's, you're always here when I need you.. To my sister of sorts who generously sent little bundles of exquisite morsels made straight from her heart.. And to my newest friend whom I know I'll spend many years getting to know.. I love yous all!

I shared my wedding with them and it was special.. so if ya'll don't mind, I think I'm just going to hold close that specialness for just as long as I possibly can.

xoxo
 
 
 
 
Now seriously, did you think I'd leave you hanging with all that fakkin moosh??

So picture us all crammed into a small mayor's office.. we're tired as hell from bustin' our asses crankin' food out all day and I don't know about anyone else, but I was fakkin starving to boot.

The J-of-P directs W and I to stand facing each other and then asks us to hold hands.. he starts his lil speech about God know's what, to tell the truth. The first part of our ceremony is a complete blur, frankly. But whatever he's saying, I'm looking down and wondering if I'm going to fuck up my lines (I'm so damned romantic, aren't I?) and then I made the fatal mistake. I look up at W and his chin is quivering. And it's not just slightly moving, it looked like his damn bottom jaw had become unhinged. Well that's all it took for me.. the water works started and we're both standing there balling our eyes out as if someone just stole our cotton candy.

And then the part comes up where the J of P asks me if I will take W for “richer or poorer” and I just lost it.. started laughing hysterically.. like in a psychotic way because I realize what I’m doing and am mortified at my own behavior but I can’t stop laughing and my shoulders are shaking up and down and I’m crying at the same time and praying to the baby jebus that I don’t start blowing snot bubbles.. OHMYGOD.

I swear if the earth would have opened up and swallowed me whole at that very moment I would have went willingly. Happily!

I only stopped laughing when I leaned into his jacket and said a muffled "OHSWEETJESUSSHOOTME" and he clamped onto my hands so hard that my new rings cut into my skin. Then.. then I finally stopped laughing and resumed crying.

Gah.

xoxo

Labels:

Comments on "Well I Finally Did It..."

 

Blogger Ginny said ... (11/16/2008 11:57 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/16/2008 11:59 PM) : 

Congratulations! :)

 

Blogger Jennywenny said ... (11/17/2008 12:48 AM) : 

Congratulations, sounds like you had a fantastic day, and lots of really fun memories! I hope you'll post lots of pictures of the snot bubbles!

 

Blogger Karen Baking Soda said ... (11/17/2008 2:42 AM) : 

For a moment I thought you lost it, and then you went on like loosing it after all!
Sounds like the happiest, Lisa-ist, most perfect wedding for you. Beautiful write up, beautiful memories. Congratulations!!

 

Blogger Meeta K. Wolff said ... (11/17/2008 3:35 AM) : 

Lis! CONGRATS! Sounds like the perfect day - I am lost for words but before I start crying (yes I am one of those sentimental people who cry at weddings) I wish I could have been there in person but for now I'll just send you all my warmest wishes and a huge hug!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/17/2008 6:37 AM) : 

Congratulations!!! May you make each other laugh at least once every day, for ever and ever. xo

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/17/2008 7:55 AM) : 

Congratulations! I want to see the photos. ^^

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/17/2008 8:16 AM) : 

Congratulations!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/17/2008 8:18 AM) : 

Congratulations again, sis! Just got back from looking at the pics....I could feel all the fun and love in the air. Yes you are loved and I love you! hugs!

 

Blogger Nicole said ... (11/17/2008 8:34 AM) : 

Congratulations!!!!!!

 

Blogger Patsyk said ... (11/17/2008 8:42 AM) : 

Congratulations! thanks for sharing your pictures - it's fun to get a peek into your special day!

 

Blogger BC said ... (11/17/2008 9:01 AM) : 

Congratulations! I am so happy for both of you.

 

Blogger Inne said ... (11/17/2008 9:18 AM) : 

Congratulations Mrs W! Sounds like a wonderful autumn wedding. Thanks for posting some pics.

 

Blogger Snooky doodle said ... (11/17/2008 9:32 AM) : 

congratulations :) seems you had such a nice wedding surrounded by your loved ones. Just the wedding i imagine . Think I ll have to wait some more though :( Really enjoyd reading your wedding adventure though :)

 

Blogger Helene said ... (11/17/2008 10:24 AM) : 

You are both loved and so easy to love...Doh:)

Honey, I am willing to put myself in it again for the pupps' weddings of need be...

I cried when W. got all mooshy and I broke a rib laughing with you right after that...so the day was perfect...Not to mention Silvestro's. Next time I'll come with B. and we'll have to take him there!

Best wedding ever! Best food ever! Best weekend ever!

 

Blogger Mary said ... (11/17/2008 10:40 AM) : 

Congratulations! It sounds like the perfect, happiest, and most special wedding ever!

 

Blogger Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer said ... (11/17/2008 10:41 AM) : 

That is wonderful - Congratulations on your day!! Blessings to you both!!

 

Blogger Valerie Harrison (bellini) said ... (11/17/2008 10:54 AM) : 

I know your life will be filled with love, laughter and tears of joy...congratulations:D

 

Blogger Ilva said ... (11/17/2008 12:02 PM) : 

Congratulations!LOVE RULES!

 

Blogger Sara said ... (11/17/2008 1:33 PM) : 

super fantastic post! you write beautifully lis. i laughed like a loon throughout our wedding ceremony. by the end of the jp's speech half the guests were laughing too and you could hardly hear what she was saying.
congrats again to you both!
ps - i had gerberas in my bouquet too! omg!

 

Blogger University of Iowa Meg said ... (11/17/2008 4:12 PM) : 

Congratulations!!!

 

Blogger Esi said ... (11/17/2008 5:16 PM) : 

Congratulations!!!

 

Blogger Anthrakia said ... (11/17/2008 6:28 PM) : 

Congratulations, Mrs. Mofelli!!! Love your blog, found some great recipes on here. I am sooo glad that you didn't finish off with the sappy stuff :D

 

Blogger Dragana said ... (11/17/2008 8:22 PM) : 

Hi Lis,
Congratulations! Your marriage explains your hiatus from your blog. I'm glad you had fun at your wedding, be it laughing or crying! Helene's cake is lovely - how lucky you are to have such a talented and giving friend.
All the best,
Dragana.

 

Blogger Kalyn Denny said ... (11/17/2008 9:32 PM) : 

Huge congratulations! So happy for you both, and thanks for giving us a peek! (And yes, you are loved!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/18/2008 8:26 AM) : 

It sounds like the perfect wedding in its own unperfect way. And your way of telling us about the day and approaching the whole thing is one of the things that shows why you are so loved. And I´m glad you took the time to thank those who were there by your side from the bottom of your heart... and laugh yourself silly in the middle of the ceremony, that must have been great to watch.
So to sum it all up, congratulations, my dear Lis! We need to catch up some time, it´s been ages!

 

Blogger Amanda at Little Foodies said ... (11/18/2008 9:02 AM) : 

Congratulations!

It's been a while since I visited and here you are all married. I think you're loved because you're lovable, and FUNNY AS... you're also kind and caring and have time for people.

May you continue laughing and loving your whole lives long. xx

 

Blogger ashley said ... (11/18/2008 10:10 AM) : 

congrats!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/18/2008 1:47 PM) : 

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing, that was the best laugh I´ve had in a while.

 

Blogger MedStudentWife said ... (11/18/2008 8:19 PM) : 

Congratulations !!! :D

It sounds absolutely beautiful & fun. So happy you and W and friends and family, et al. had a great day.

 

Blogger Andrea Meyers said ... (11/19/2008 1:17 PM) : 

I laughed and shed a little tear of happiness for you as I read your story. The photos are great, thanks for sharing them with us.

Big hugs!

 

Blogger Patricia Scarpin said ... (11/19/2008 2:07 PM) : 

Congratulations, dear Lisa!!
May you and the hubby have all the happiness in the world!

 

Blogger Acme Instant Food said ... (11/19/2008 4:04 PM) : 

My dear, it appears that I picked the perfect time to check back in on the sites and people who've I've missed so much for the last six months or more. CONGRATULATIONS! All my best to you both. I'm delighted for you and enjoyed reading this touching post.

 

Blogger Elle said ... (11/19/2008 11:07 PM) : 

Congrats! Really, really knowing you are loved it the best gift...and the most unnerving one.
Can just see you laughing and crying a bit hysterical...well not really, but can see that it would be perfect that way. Many crazy, wonderful years together with W and all the folks who love you.

 

Blogger Rosa's Yummy Yums said ... (11/20/2008 4:17 AM) : 

Wow, congratulations! A wonderful day!

Cheers,

rosa

 

Blogger Brittany said ... (11/21/2008 2:53 AM) : 

You have ME choking up now! Congrats, Lis!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/21/2008 3:40 PM) : 

I don't know what else to say other than.... CONGRATULATIONS!! :)

 

Blogger Cynthia said ... (11/21/2008 7:18 PM) : 

Hearty congratulations!!!

 

Blogger Jenny said ... (11/22/2008 1:50 PM) : 

It sounds like everything was lovely and wonderful (everything my wedding was not, actually, you were smart to wait and do things how you wanted them!)
I was there in spirit, holding the box of klenex for everyone that needed it, happy tears and laughing your butt of tears. :-)

 

Blogger Cheryl said ... (11/23/2008 7:53 PM) : 

Congratulations!!! I am so jealous, you had a fall wedding, my favorite. I love the hysterical laughing fit you had, so my kinda gal.

I wish you all the love and success in your marriage

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/24/2008 8:34 PM) : 

Just wanted to join others in saying CONGRATULATIONS

 

Blogger Peabody said ... (11/25/2008 1:14 AM) : 

I'm so glad it was everything you wanted and more. I wish you would show a picture of you the blushing bride!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/25/2008 9:28 AM) : 

I don’t know on how I stumbled upon this cooking blog., All I know is that I’d better check out the archives for a good read. Ha-ha! Just droppin’ to say hi!
Oh. You might want to check this out: http://www.technocooks.com for uhm…a different “menu.”

And, Congratulations for being "the happiest person on earth."

 

Blogger Caribbean Dreamer said ... (11/27/2008 12:49 PM) : 

I'm so happy for you Lisa! I wish you and W many, many more years of fun and happiness together!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/30/2008 12:09 AM) : 

Ah, Lis. I can just see you sitting there with tears a streamin'. You're such a softie, and I'll always remember the wonderfulness of it all with you at the center, right where you belong.

Thanks so much -- you are definitely loved. "Muchly!"

 

Blogger Tracy said ... (12/02/2008 8:02 AM) : 

I couldn't resist taking a peek at the pics. Did I see three kinds of desserts? And a live band? Well done!

Oh and I got a fit of the giggles at my wedding too. That's a good sign. Wishing you lots of laughter ahead.

 

Blogger Belinda said ... (1/13/2009 7:02 PM) : 

I am SO thrilled for you, Lisa! A huge belated congratulations, and may you always feel as loved and and in love as on your perfect day. :-)

 

post a comment