Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

100 things...

'kay so I'm not cooking tonight and I'm bored.. so's I'm stealin' the 100 things idea and makin' myself a list!

1. I am allergic to peanuts and lobster - but ONLY if I eat them both within a couple hours of each other.
2. I love my dogs as if they were my children. Seriously, it's kind of scary how much I love them.
3. I have a horrible temper, something I wish I could change.
4. I hate my job because I'm bored to death.
5. I'm too lazy to go look for another job.
6. I'm a diabetic
7. I'm a chocoholic.. which isn't so good for the diabetes thing.
8. I name my dogs using the name of the dog before them.. Lulu Bell, Jiggles Lu, Nigel Jiggs etc.
9. My fiance is 18 years older than I.
10. My fiance acts like a 10 year old.
11. I lost my dad in 2000, but my mom is still here to keep me company =)
12. I have 2 sisters, both younger
13. I have the same best friend for over 20 years.
14. I dye my hair red. I think it was originally dark brown?
15. I wear contact lenses.
16. I could live on raw oysters.
17. I smoke way too much.
18. I sometimes get paranoid if I think too much about what other's think of me.
19. My sense of humor is both warped and warped.
20. I can't have kids. Had to have a hysterectomy last year. =(
21. I firmly believe there was a baby switch when I was born.. some poor kid is living with my rich parents somewhere.
22. I love to read.. but only on the pot. I fall asleep anywhere else. True story.
23. Stephen King cracks me the f*ck up.
24. I use to fall for any long haired guy that would give me the time of day. Now I tell them to cut their hair. I prefer bald now :D
25. I use to drink excessively.. now I frown upon excessive drinkers.
26. I own my own house. I never thought that would happen.
27. I miss the restaurant biz like you would not believe.
28. I'm a good listener.
29. I like to give unsolicited advice. It's usually shit, so no one listens.
30. My favorite color is emerald green.
31. I hate roses.
32. I dislike diamonds.
33. I'm an 80's hairband freak. Tesla rules!!
34. I'm a movie aficionado. Ask me anything.
35. I can recite most of the movie, "Weird Science".
36. I type 86 words a minute.
37. Everything I know about computers, I've taught myself, excluding some HTML.
38. I went to school to be a nail technician.
39. I fantasize about visiting Italy, Ireland, Scotland and Australia.
40. I fantasize about winning the lottery.. yet I don't play often at all.
41. I can lizard spit.
42. I'm an excellent cook.
43. I love to craft, but don't do it very often anymore.
44. I'm addicted to home improvement shows.
45. I'm addicted to Food Network.
46. I think the sexiest man alive is Al Pacino (or Robert Redford)
47. My nails don't grow very long before they rip.
48. I have a tiny scar between my eyebrows.
49. Going to markets excites me way too much.
50. My house is full of house plants.. I can't keep up.
51. I hate my car with a burning, searing passion.
52. If I watch a scary movie at night, I can't go to bed until I've watched something funny.
53. My thesis in college was printed in their newspaper.
54. I want to see a therapist.
55. My best friend, Kim, is my current therapist.
56. I had 4 rooms in my house custom painted when we moved in.
57. I probably wear too much eyeliner.
58. I lied to the "Quit Smoking" people to get the free patches so I'd have them when I was ready to quit smoking.
59. I favor Nigel over Chloe. I'm a bad mommie.
60. No matter how cold it is, I have to have my feet sticking out from the covers when I sleep. *Updated - not so much anymore.. now they need to be tucked in. Go figure.
61. I use to stay up until the wee hours of the morning. Now I can't make it past 10 at night.
62. I'm still up at the wee hours though.. how annoying.
63. My favorite flower is the Dahlia. Followed closely by mums.
64. My favorite flavors are chocolate, coffee, orange and cinnamon.
65. I guilt horribly if I leave my dogs alone for too long. So much that I usually cut whatever I'm doing short - regardless if I'm having a good time or not.
66. I dislike some people so much that my blood boils if I think about them.
67. I'll put up with a lot of things.. except cheaters, fakes and braggarts.
68. I use to care about having a lot of friends.. these days I only care about keeping a few select friends.
69. I'm a grudge holder - but only if some one truly hurts me. Normally I get over a lot.
70. I can't take pills without gagging. I don't care what size they are, it doesn't matter.
71. I go through the roof if you touch my feet.
72. I always have a secret crush on someone.
73. Young boys make me nervous. I think it's a throw back to the lil bastards that made fun of me in elementary school.
74. If you can make me laugh, most likely I'll love you forever.
75. When I do love you.. you'll never have a better friend.
76. I love to go fishing with hubbs.
77. I love spending time with hubbs.
78. I love having my time alone without hubbs.
79. I have the cutest nieces and nephews EVER.
80. I miss my dad tremendously.
81. I love to swim, but I wouldn't be caught dead in a bathing suit.
82. I love to sing at the top of my lungs while driving or when I'm alone at home.
83. I love to dance, but I usually have to be half looped to do it.
84. My favorite night out is dinner at a nice restaurant and then maybe catching a good rock band and/or movie.
85. I'm a closet bingo addict, kinda.
86. If I could go to bingo and just play the instant cards and NOT bingo.. I'd be happy.
87. I can see myself developing a bad gambling habit. I have to keep a tight reign. lol
88. I hate Tuesdays.
89. I can't keep a fern alive - no. matter. what.
90. I'm very happy there are only 10 more freaking numbers left.
91. I'm on a quest to find the ultimate chewy chocolate chip cookie. Found it!
92. The name of my blog is going to be the name of my future catering and/or restaurant biz.
93. I despise Ohio winters.
94. I love Ohio autumns.
95. I'd like to retire in North Carolina.
96. I think I'm a control freak.
97. I laugh at funerals.. my nerves.. it's horrible.
98. I'm scared of being buried alive more than anything else in the death category.
99. I'm scared of losing my hubbs, dogs, mom and friends more than anything else in any category.
100. I have a list fetish. But I think after this one, I'm good for a while! =)

Labels:

Comments on "100 things..."

 

Blogger Heather said ... (4/01/2006 11:58 PM) : 

I have to do the scary/funny movie things and the stick my foot out of bed thing too!

 

Blogger Lis said ... (4/02/2006 11:16 PM) : 

lol I'm glad it's not just me!

 

Blogger Caribbean Dreamer said ... (1/02/2007 11:09 PM) : 

Lis - I'm doing some "archive reading" over the holidays and ran across this list of yours. I, too, am an 80's Hairband lover. You should see my scrapbook from old Circus magazines! Also, we share the pill swallowing/gagging thing! How kewl! LOL

 

Blogger Lis said ... (4/16/2007 9:36 AM) : 

hahaha Alison! I LOVED that mag!

Sorry it took so long for me to reply to your comment.. for some reason I don't get notified if a comment is left on a really old post. Good thing I just decided to go read some old stuff. hee!

xoxo

 

post a comment