Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Monday, May 29, 2006

Our first flowers!

I just couldn't be in a better mood. Okay, well I could if Hubbs was home.. but that would just be the cream of the cake as we've had THREE beautiful warm days in a row here in NE Ohio and I'm finally starting to believe summer is almost here :D

Although not food related, I couldn't resist bragging about my first flower of the year.. well the first flowers of the year that I like. We've got 2 azalea bushes out front that have been in bloom for a couple weeks, but they were left by the previous owners and don't really thrill me too much. But these clematis and peonies were planted by Hubbs last year and didn't do a damn thing - we thought they were dead for sure.. Hooray! They are not dead! I guess they needed a year to rest before they showed their glorious selves :D

Unfortunately, my beautiful Dahlias did not go back into my beds this year - at least not yet, I hope. Hubbs took them out of the ground and stored them up in our attic last fall and unfortunately, he put them way in the back where I can't get to them.. so if they are still okay and it's not too late by next weekend, they'll go back in the ground and hopefully produce their beautiful flowers. I love Dahlias with such a passion.. especially the big deep dish bloom variety!

Okay, here are my pictures, taken with the crap cam.. as per usual. Ugh.

Clematis 2006

Peony bud 2006

Peony bud II

Yep the peonies are just budding, I can't wait to see the open bloom! Yay lil peonies!

Happy Memorial Day everyone.. and happy summer is on the way! :D

Labels:

Comments on "Our first flowers!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5/29/2006 2:58 PM) : 

Beautiful! Enjoy the peonies!

 

Blogger Ziz said ... (5/29/2006 4:18 PM) : 

ooo pretty! it must be nice to have a green thumb! :oP hehe

 

Blogger Lis said ... (5/29/2006 10:44 PM) : 

Thanks gals! :D

 

post a comment