Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Mom's birthday - the appetizer...

Today is my mom's birthday.. 70 years young - Happy Birthday, Mommie! My sister, Sam, came up for the weekend from her life in Toledo (college student), so it was just us gals. The three of us always have so much fun together and I always look forward to any occasion that brings us together. I wish it could be more often!

Sam got here first and we sat around the dining room table just BS'ing and catching up waiting for my mom to arrive. As per usual, our conversation turned to all things food and I told her I had just discovered another fabulous blog that morning called She Craves. From the first post I was hooked and had to go back to the beginning to read the whole site. Among the many fabulous posts she wrote, I found this one: When You Don't Want to Even Look at Another Piece of Turkey where she describes a carmelized onion tart she made. It sounded perfect to start our night out together and luckily I had all the ingredients on hand.

Onion tart2


The only change I made was the addition of sun-dried tomatoes. It came out of the oven all golden brown and bubbly just as mom walked through the door. By the time she had taken off her coat and got settled in with her delightful daughters *grin* the tart had cooled off a bit and we all dug in.. Yum!

Labels: ,

Comments on "Mom's birthday - the appetizer..."

 

Blogger Ziz said ... (4/10/2006 5:50 PM) : 

happy belated birthday mom! :)

 

Blogger Lis said ... (4/10/2006 9:18 PM) : 

I'll tell her you said so! I gave her your website addie a couple weeks ago, so she should know exactly who I'm talking about ;)

 

post a comment