Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Friday, July 28, 2006

Small Update

Hi kids! I have missed this lil blog of mine :(

Really quick.. just so's ya know I'm still alive. I have 3 bleeding cysts on my ovaries and an infection caused by diverticulitis. Talk about winning the pain lottery! Wooo.

Hopped up on major pain pills and antibiotics. Still in a lot of pain and I can't sit straight up in a chair for long - nor can I walk, stand or play in my kitchen *sob*

Anyhoo.. another couple days and the antibiotics should kick in to fight the infection and well.. there's nothing much I can do about the cysts right now other than have them monitored.

I am getting a lil time visiting my favorite foodies and have been loving what you've all been up to!

Hugs!
xoxo

Labels:

Comments on "Small Update"

 

Blogger Acme Instant Food said ... (7/28/2006 6:14 PM) : 

I was worried that something was awry with you. So sorry to hear of your pains! Ouch.

The blogging world misses you very much so tell Wayne that he has us to answer to if he doesn't take proper care of you. Feel better Lis.

 

Blogger Acme Instant Food said ... (7/28/2006 6:25 PM) : 

LAUGHTER is the best medicine--so you get a joke a day until you are back to grilling and roasting with your usual charm (or until you block me from leaving comments on your blog).

#1

A guy goes into a bar, orders twelve shots and starts drinking them as fast as he can.
The bartender says, "Dang, why are you drinking so fast?"

The guy says, "You would be drinking fast if you had what I had."

The bartender says, "What do you have?"

The guy says, "75 cents."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7/28/2006 8:25 PM) : 

Kevin's right, laughter is the best medicine...but if the abdomen is in too much pain, perhaps internal giggles?

If you run out of things to read, ask hubby if he can get you some Robert Rankin books from the library (in particular, the sprouts of wrath series), they're great for a giggle.

Get well soon hon. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the pains run back to wherever they came from quick smart.

 

Blogger Laura Rebecca said ... (7/28/2006 11:40 PM) : 

Aw, Lis. I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling well. I'm sending you a big bowl of virtual chicken soup.

 

Blogger Acme Instant Food said ... (7/29/2006 11:30 AM) : 

Lis' Joke o' de day #2

A burglar has just made it into the house he's intending ransacking, and he's looking around for stuff to steal. All of a sudden, a little voice pipes up, "I can see you, and so can Jesus!"

Startled, the burglar looks around the room. No one there at all, so he goes back to his business.

"I can see you, and so can Jesus!"

The burglar jumps again, and takes a longer look around the room. Over in the corner by the window, almost obscured by curtains, is a cage in which sits a parrot, who pipes up again, "I can see you, and so can Jesus!"

"So what," says the burglar, "you're only a parrot!"

To which the parrot replies, "Maybe, but Jesus is a rottweiler!"

 

Blogger Lis said ... (7/29/2006 3:53 PM) : 

Thanks you guys! You so rock! I love the joke a day.. hilarious! :D I should be back in the kitchen tomorrow or Monday, I hope. I feel much better today - and am venturing out for an afternoon with my friend Mindy tomorrow, once Wayne leaves for Arkansas. Maybe I'll pick up something good to make tomorrow night? :D

Anyhoo.. thanks again, all of yas.. I can't express how wonderful you've made me feel with your kind words. *hugs*

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7/29/2006 4:00 PM) : 

Feel better soon!

 

Blogger Ed Tep said ... (7/29/2006 9:48 PM) : 

Lis - Ouch! I'm so sorry that you are going through all that. I hope you are back on your feet again soon. In the meantime, let me know if you want me to send Zoe and Rocco over to help nurse you back to health.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7/29/2006 9:55 PM) : 

Glad to hear you're feeling better Lis, but remember to take it easy and don't rush back into your crazy schedule - at least for the sake of your friends in the blogworld who're thinking about you ;)

 

Blogger Acme Instant Food said ... (7/30/2006 1:35 PM) : 

Happy Sunday. Here is the joke o' da day #3.

A man was driving down the road with twenty penguins in the back seat. The police stop him and say that he can't drive around with the penguins in the car and should take them to the zoo. The man agrees and drives off.

The next day the same man is driving down the road with twenty penguins in the back and again. He is stopped by the same police officer who says, "Hey! I though I told you to take those to the zoo."

The man replies "I did. Today I'm taking them to the movies."

 

Blogger Tracie P. said ... (8/31/2006 11:14 AM) : 

yikes, are you ok?

 

Blogger Lis said ... (8/31/2006 6:25 PM) : 

I'm still giggling over all your comments, Tracie.. I was going to respond to each one but I think I'm going to email you with my responses.. I feel like a giddy lil girl! My hero commented on my blog! heheeeee!

But yes, I'm okay.. I really think my recovery was due to Kevin's joke-a-day treatment ;)

 

post a comment