Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

For Lack of Anything Better.. I'll Go With Lame!

Although I enjoy my little blog for really nothing more than the fun of usually makin an arse of myself on the internet, when I don't post often I kind of feel guilty. Not being able to cook much because of time constraints or when "life" takes over doesn't so much make me want to get back in the kitchen to nourish myself and Hubbs.. but because Holy Shit! I haven't blogged in like 5 days!! hehee Okay well no, not really - I cook because it's my passion and I get cranky when I don't get to relax in my kitchen (but my wee blog is always in the back of my mind).

So nothing has really changed here lately. Working long days and then visits up at the hospital to see Wayne's mom.. leaving me no time to do much in my kitchen other than heat up something previously frozen or firing up the grill before exhaustion takes over and I pass out on the loveseat while trying to catch up on my taped Project Runway episodes. The good news is, she's doing much better and they've moved her to a different hospital where she will have physical therapy for the next few weeks - yay! I'm so happy she pulled through this.. she gave us all quite a scare!

Itty Bitty lil bell peppers.. awww!

This particular post is regarding these adorable lil bell peppers I found at the supermarket.. teeny tiny versions of the normal bell peppers that are a staple at my house. Red, orange and yellow mini's that I could not pass up regardless of how many times I picked them up and put them back when I looked at the price tag - almost $4.00 for the package! Gah. But in the end, the cuteness won and I bought them. Now what the hell to do with them?? Not like they are going to feed us as a main dish, eh?

Itty Bitty lil pepper poppers!
Itty Bitty lil Pepper Poppers

har!! I went with stuffing them with onion & chive cream cheese then laying a piece of bacon on top before baking for 20 minutes in a 375ยบ F. oven. What rule did I forget about bacon?? Yes.. yes indeedy I forgot that bacon will shrink when it's cooked. So what I thought were big slabs being laid on top ended up being well.. hardly there! Well regardless of how they looked (teee!), they turned out quite delicious and made a nice dinner of nibbles paired with some previously made and frozen Hand-Hacked Pot Stickers. Quick and easy and very tasty, indeed. :D

Labels:

Comments on "For Lack of Anything Better.. I'll Go With Lame!"

 

Blogger Julie said ... (9/19/2006 9:41 AM) : 

Some of the best meals are made up of little nibbles! Those peppers are perfect for stuffing, and I think the bacon looks fine. Glad to hear Wayne's mom is doing well--you'll be back in the kitchen in no time.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9/19/2006 9:57 AM) : 

Itty. Peppers. Too. Cute.

Can't. Breathe.

Cuteness. Overwhelming.

*GASP*

I'm glad to hear that hubb's mom is doing better, hopefully she'll be back on her feet soon! As for those stuffed peppers *shakes head* Lis, cute foods need warnings in case they cause too much squeeing and hyperventilating!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9/19/2006 6:47 PM) : 

Those peppers are cute! Glad to hear your MIL is better.
I have received your packaged and just blogged about it. Thank you!

 

Blogger jasmine said ... (9/19/2006 11:42 PM) : 

I think we should do a cute food blogging event. I adore them.

Glad to read that Wayne's mum is doing better.

j

 

Blogger Gattina Cheung said ... (9/20/2006 2:40 AM) : 

Lis,
please don't stress yourself too much, and hope everyone being fine there. Bacon and chive (cheese) go really very well with your peppers :)

 

Blogger Meeta K. Wolff said ... (9/20/2006 5:18 AM) : 

Yummy! I found these baby peppers here too and used them to fill Soeren's lunchbox. But the last time I went to the store I was unable to find them BOOHOO!
Your recipes sounds and looks great, Lisa.
Glad to hear things are going OK with your MIL and she's reuperating well.
Sending you a huge hug for being so strong!

 

Blogger Lis said ... (9/20/2006 12:54 PM) : 

Julie - Thanks =)

Ellie - teee!! Thanks!

Helene - Aren't they the cutest? Am so happy to hear you got your package - yay!

Jasmine - Thanks sweetie.. and yeah how cute would that be?? We should - they make mini everything these days! :D

 

Blogger barbie2be said ... (9/21/2006 11:53 AM) : 

oh my god, those pepper poppers look so yummy! you can never go wrong with bacon and cream cheese!

 

post a comment