Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Friday, August 10, 2007

Tartelette's Traveling Eggs Meme!

HAR! Eggs.. that travel!

Traveling Eggs!

These eggs are special.. and crocheted. Yes, you heard me correctly!! I am the proud recipient of Helene's Traveling Eggs! You can read about them here, but I shall attempt to explain the situation quickly here..

Helene saw these cute lil eggs on Hannah's Bittersweet blog and knew she had to have them - course when they finally arrived and after she and her hubby had marveled over the extreme cuteness of them, they both wondered what the hell to do with them. Sure she could set them on a counter somewhere, but would that really do them justice? I mean c'mon.. look how cute!!

Traveling Eggs!

And so in a flash of brilliance, she decided that it'd be fun to package these lil babies up and start a traveling meme. I am the lucky gal who got them first and I shall be sending them along to some unsuspecting, yet gorgeous! blogging friend.

The only rules of the meme are to sign the carton with your name and blog name (I added a short message because, hello? I couldn't keep anything short and sweet to save my freakin' life.), enjoy them for a few days and then pass them along - but always keep the secret of who you passed them along to. After you've done that, blog about it with a photo (or two) of the eggs with something that represents you or your blog.. I chose Nigel. :D

Traveling Eggs!

That photo of him on my desktop was actually taken by Helene when she was here and it's one of my most favorite photos of him.. could he be any cuter? I think not!

So be checking your mailboxes.. you might just be the next lucky recipient of a 1/2 dozen adorable traveling eggs! :D

Traveling Eggs!

Labels: ,

Comments on "Tartelette's Traveling Eggs Meme!"

 

Blogger Jenny said ... (8/10/2007 8:09 AM) : 

They are so cute!
The only problem I have with being in this is that the only bloggers addresses I know are yours and Helen's! Who oh who would I send it to!
(Not that I wouldn't try!)

 

Blogger Kalyn Denny said ... (8/10/2007 9:42 AM) : 

I have to confess, I was looking more at your cookbooks than the eggs! Don't you love "Food to Live By!" I just love that cookbook.

 

Blogger Belinda said ... (8/10/2007 10:04 AM) : 

Oh my goodness, look at those eggs! They are so adorable...they have little personalities! :-) And Nigel...awwww, so sweet. He's looking at those eggs like they are his little friends. :-) Cute post, Lisa!

 

Blogger Katie B. said ... (8/10/2007 10:16 AM) : 

Yay eggs! They look like they're having a ball at your house! :)

 

Blogger Deborah said ... (8/10/2007 10:29 AM) : 

This will be so fun to see where the eggs go! I wish I could travel around with them and meet everyone out there in the blogosphere!

 

Blogger MyKitchenInHalfCups said ... (8/10/2007 10:40 AM) : 

Oh what a great idea Deborah, it would be a trip to be the traveling egg companion!
That's what I want to be a traveling egg companion hitchhiker!!
Like Kalyn I'm very interested in the cookbooks the eggs top.
Helen really had a great idea with this one.

 

Blogger Sara said ... (8/10/2007 10:55 AM) : 

What a super idea! It will be fun to watch where the eggs travel to. Also? Very jealous of your cookbooks. I bought Food to Live By for my Mom for Christmas and really wanted to keep it myself!

 

Blogger Peabody said ... (8/10/2007 1:51 PM) : 

Ha, ha. I am in the same spot as Quellia.

 

Blogger Patricia Scarpin said ... (8/10/2007 2:01 PM) : 

That idea is just fabulous!!

Hannah is so talented, the eggs are cute!

 

Blogger Helene said ... (8/10/2007 2:22 PM) : 

Cool! They look great next to Nigel! I am sure Lisa and I can provide some with a few adresses!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8/10/2007 5:56 PM) : 

soo cute! What a great meme helen started! Great cookbook collection too ! wink! wink! ;)

 

Blogger Morven said ... (8/10/2007 11:50 PM) : 

What a fun idea for a meme and a very clever photo too.

 

Blogger Karen Baking Soda said ... (8/11/2007 11:02 AM) : 

Quellia and Peabody have a point here....

 

Blogger Barbara said ... (8/11/2007 11:05 PM) : 

What a cool idea!

 

Blogger Lis said ... (8/12/2007 6:39 AM) : 

Jenny - That's a good question! Uhmm.. maybe you could ask like 3 people for their addresses and secretly send to 1 of them? hehe

Kalyn - I just received that book! A lovely gal who works at Earthbound farms, offered to send me the book and I responded "YES!!!" immediately. I'm actually cooking from it for the first time this evening - problem being which recipe to pick from the easily 60 or more I've earmarked. heheee

Belinda - Thanks sweetie! Isn't he a doll? =)

Katie - lol well I hope that they are :D

Deborah - I know! Me too!

Tanna - I'm with you guys - I'd love to travel with them! Yes, Helene did show her BRILLIANCE with this one. :)

Sara - It is a fabulous book.. I was amazed at all the excellent sounding recipes and those photos! YUM!

Gracie - I'm lucky, I've got quite an extensive list of addresses.. maybe I'll have the one you need.

Patricia - isn't she though? I couldn't crochet myself a dustcloth. I'd love to learn though!

Helene - Yeah, I thought you might like that idea of Nig in the background. :D

Sis - I KNOW! I especially love drooling over that first book. *wink* hahahaa

Morv - Thanks sweetie!

Karen - we'll help you out with any addresses we might have. =)

Barbara - It is, isn't it? =))

xoxo

 

Blogger Chris said ... (8/12/2007 9:46 PM) : 

I love these guys...was wondering where they were! I especially love the picture in the background...looks like the lil' eggies might become lunch for some four legged friend!
Is anyone doing a Nortic Tracker think? Like the Where's Santa at Christmas? It could be a Eggstracter! lol

 

Blogger Elle said ... (8/12/2007 11:28 PM) : 

Those are mighty happy eggs considering that they are in a baking household. Good thing that they are too cute. That is a fun meme idea. Have read the Dorie and Nigella and (probably) the Marcella book, but not the other two. Cookbooks are too much fun.

 

Blogger kellypea said ... (8/14/2007 2:54 PM) : 

Waaaaaaayyyyyyy precious, Lis. And what a fun idea. I bought some little socks for a friend's baby that came all rolled up in an egg crate. Jeez. Who are all these creative people? And yes, Nigel is quite the handsome dog. Does he need a girl friend. I could hook 'im up with my doggo...

 

Blogger breadchick said ... (8/16/2007 4:13 PM) : 

OK, you go away on a business trip (and have a mental break down..but that is a whole nother story) and see what you miss!! Traveling crocheted eggs!! What a fabulous idea!!! I can't wait to see where the eggs go next!!! AND yes, I too am enthralled with your cookbook collection

 

Blogger Jenny said ... (8/16/2007 8:40 PM) : 

Oooh I actually have an address now!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8/19/2007 4:03 AM) : 

What a cute meme - travelling eggs! Great idea ! Love your little Nigel - so adorable. I wonder who is getting it next.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8/22/2007 4:51 PM) : 

The eggs and the pup are so cute! What a fun idea. I'm excited to see where the eggs turn up next.

 

post a comment