Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Festa Italiana!

I don't get a chance to participate in many events these days and it makes me sad because there are so many great foodie events out there! But there was just no way I could miss this event, Festa Italiana, hosted by two beautiful Italian women, Marie of Proud Italian Cook and Maryann of Finding La Dolce Vita (beautiful, AND they've both got amazing blogs that I love to read!).

Not only do these lovely ladies promise this to be a gathering of friends not to be missed, but Marie and Maryann are inviting us to join them in a "celebration of the sweet life!" - who could say no to that? Not I!

I'm bringing quite the tasty dish to this party.. but I might be cheating on the Italian authenticity of it. Well, okay, there is no "might be" - I am cheating - the only thing Italian about this dish is the salad dressing. I KNOW! How can an Italian cheat on the Italian food?? The way I see it is.. this is a dinner my father would have LOVED. And if my Italian daddy liked it, then so will everyone else! :)

Super easy to make (that's what I'm all about these days!) with only 4 ingredients ('kay 6 if you include salt & pepper)! Toss it all together in your crockpot and voila! 7 hours later you've got dinner! Oh and did I mention it's made in the crockpot?

-=SHAMELESS PLUG=-

Don't forget about WCC No. 26 - Pressure Cookers, Dutch Ovens & Crockpots! Submissions due March 26th! Hey! You don't even need a blog.. if you've got a great recipe.. cook 'er up, snap a few photos and email it all to me and I'll post for you! :D
(lamiacucina AT adelphia DOT net)

-=SHAMELESS PLUG=-

So here I come with bells on, bottles of wine strapped to my back and arms loaded with succulent and savory wings for your enjoyment!

Italian Chicken and Potatoes
"Italian" Chicken Wings and Potatoes

3 lbs. whole chicken wings, rinsed and pat dry
1/2 c. Italian salad dressing - I use Wishbone Robusto Italian
1 tsp. Italian salad dressing mix - I used Good Seasons packets
1-2 lbs. small (baby) red or yukon gold potatoes, cut into fourths
salt and pepper to taste

Italian Chicken and Potatoes Italian Chicken and Potatoes

Lay the chicken wings on the bottom on the crockpot and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. of dressing mix and season lightly with salt & pepper, then drizzle with 1/4 c. of the Italian dressing.

Italian Chicken and Potatoes Italian Chicken and Potatoes

Lay the cut potatoes on top of the chicken and sprinkle the remaining dressing mix, seasoning lightly again with salt & pepper, then drizzle the remaining Italian dressing.

Put the lid on and turn it on high for 7 hours. At the half way point, I usually go in and give everything a little toss just to make sure the wings aren't burning on the bottom of the pot.

Italian Chicken and Potatoes

You will not believe how delicious the wings and potatoes turn out!

Italian Chicken and Potatoes

xoxo

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Festa Italiana!"

 

Blogger Patsyk said ... (3/21/2008 12:59 PM) : 

Those look so amazing! I love how simple the recipe is, and may just have to give this a try since my hubby loves wings!

 

Blogger breadchick said ... (3/21/2008 1:15 PM) : 

And I was just trying to figure out what to do with this bag of wings I was tired of moving around my freezer....

Wow, I may have 3 entries for WCC this month!!

 

Blogger Proud Italian Cook said ... (3/21/2008 2:40 PM) : 

Lisa, Thanks so much for joining us, this is a great dish for a crowd! No doubt it will be a big hit at our Festa table!!

 

Blogger MyKitchenInHalfCups said ... (3/21/2008 2:43 PM) : 

Wow those do look totally awesome and if I cut things way back I could fit just a little bunch in my wee little crock pot! Italian is as Italian thinks, I say it's Italian.

 

Blogger Gabi said ... (3/21/2008 3:32 PM) : 

Lis, they look amazing *slurp* sorry drooling over here...
doesn't that automatically qualify them as Italian?
xoxo

 

Blogger Mary said ... (3/21/2008 4:08 PM) : 

Ok, besides the fact that those look really really delicious, I'd say they look remarkably like Chicken Vesuvio which I think is an Italian dish from Chicago. So not Italian Italian, but American Italian like spaghetti and meatballs.

I will be adding this to the list of future crock pot meals that I'll be making! (oh and I LOVE the shameless plug!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3/21/2008 5:41 PM) : 

Your chicken looks amazing, Lisa!
Thanks for joining us for Festa Italiana :)

 

Blogger creampuff said ... (3/21/2008 7:40 PM) : 

Slurp! I love chicken wings in many reincarnations and this one is destined to become a favourite.

 

Blogger Elle said ... (3/22/2008 12:51 AM) : 

Sometimes simple is the best! This looks totally delish!

 

Blogger Peabody said ... (3/22/2008 4:04 AM) : 

Yeah, another crock pot recipe. One day I will actually cook in mine.

 

Blogger Peter M said ... (3/24/2008 1:38 PM) : 

Lisa, I'm so glad I tripped upon your pressure cooker event...I use one often (love it) and I'll be making something tonight.

The wings and spuds look great...to be eaten with hands of course!

 

Blogger Sara said ... (3/24/2008 5:11 PM) : 

I wish I could reach through the screen and grab one of those potato pieces! Yum!

 

Blogger Marie Rayner said ... (3/25/2008 2:53 AM) : 

Oh wow, those look sooo delicious! It's only quarter to seven in the morning and I am wanting me some!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3/25/2008 7:06 PM) : 

Wow, do those look amazing!

 

Blogger Cheryl said ... (3/26/2008 12:08 PM) : 

I love crockpot recipes. Definitely a must try for me.

 

Blogger Annemarie said ... (3/27/2008 4:17 AM) : 

I'm not in the least surprised Mr. Batali has come out to help you here, with a dose of his special cooking chianti. ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3/28/2008 3:47 PM) : 

mmm...yummy. :) I have to try it out one day. :) Believe it or not, I don't have a croc pot. Maybe I can borrow it from my MIL. :)

 

Blogger Laurie said ... (3/29/2008 2:56 PM) : 

Yum..this looks good!
One time I heard a well known chef say that when he isn't cooking "professionally" he loves to make country style chicken and potatoes for an at home meal with his family. How simple and elegant. :)

 

Blogger Katie Zeller said ... (3/29/2008 4:57 PM) : 

It looks - and sounds, delicious...
And, aren't you Italian? So, wouldn't anything that you make be Italian cuisine?
Works for me....

 

post a comment