Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Saturday, March 08, 2008

A Long Overdue Book Review, My Life in Hell and a Kick Ass Video! Pt. II

As per the title to this post, I'm going to leave ya'll with a lil taste of what we've been dealing with here the past couple days.. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate winter? Apparently I have and my sweet friend Kelly thinks I brought this on myself in doing so.. it wouldn't shock me if that were true. Mother Nature dislikes me. Gah.

2-26-08
2-26-08
I thought this was bad a couple weeks ago...

3-8-08 (11)
Today. The Blizzard of 2008. Gah.
3-8-08 (8)
WTF?
3-8-08 (7)
Are you fakking kidding me?
3-8-08 (9)
Guess we won't be grilling tonight, eh? :P
3-8-08 (10)
Yes, you ARE looking at a 3 foot drift right outside our slider. Ugh.

And FINALLY - DEAR SWEET JEBUS IT'S FINALLY OVER - a friend sent me this tonight and gosh darn if it didn't cheer me right the f*ck up! Enjoy!!


xoxo

Labels: , , , ,

Comments on "A Long Overdue Book Review, My Life in Hell and a Kick Ass Video! Pt. II"

 

Blogger Karen Baking Soda said ... (3/09/2008 5:28 AM) : 

You got us all swinging in front of my laptop at 10 am! Thanks for the amazing video!

 

Blogger Kelly-Jane said ... (3/09/2008 5:44 AM) : 

I love the brownies especially, they look so good! and your snow pictures are fabulous, there is a real natural beauty to snow (if you don't think about the hassle it also brings!). I hope the weather calms down soon... great clip too =)

 

Blogger Sally said ... (3/09/2008 5:47 AM) : 

Holy cow - wow!! You've got my heart pounding and my feet stomping and its....10 minutes to 4 in the morning!! Thank you so much for that video!!!! Yee haaaa! (Oh, and, sorry about your snow. You guys really got pounded. It'll end soon. I hope.)

 

Blogger Carrie said ... (3/09/2008 10:25 AM) : 

I am at that point in winter too where I swear if I see one more flake of snow I WILL hunt down mother nature and choke her with it! I know how you feel. Thanks for the laugh this morning. I think your blogs are my favorite. We have the same mind set.

 

Blogger breadchick said ... (3/09/2008 11:25 AM) : 

Well that backyard sure doesn't look conducive to the "spa treatment" Helen and I had in October. The kids could get lost out there!!

The video was perfect for a get my arse in gear though this morning!

 

Blogger Mary said ... (3/09/2008 11:51 AM) : 

I figure if we're going to have snow in March, we should have SNOW in march. I've been stuck in the house though and that gets dull. AND the snowstorm knocked out our internet for a while.
Don't worry it'll melt soon enough.

 

Blogger MyKitchenInHalfCups said ... (3/09/2008 1:17 PM) : 

Fabulous! That even got Gorn to enjoy a blog!!
My problem with winter being over is that it means summer will be here. I want to be somewhere else in summer. We're just never happy.
Well, except when we have music like that!!

 

Blogger Patti said ... (3/09/2008 2:27 PM) : 

Okay, THAT was great. Thanks...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3/09/2008 6:43 PM) : 

OK, I had to look at the date twice! You got that much snow yesterday!?!?!? Damn. As I drink my iced-cold beer outside taking a break from gardening, my heart breaks for you.

Sending warm wishing, Amy

 

Blogger Veron said ... (3/09/2008 8:30 PM) : 

Great video. I heard about the snow storm in Ohio and thought about you. All we got was freaking wind. It looks beautiful though - the snow...but I know it can get old pretty fast specially if you have to drive in it. Take care, sis!

 

Blogger Cheryl said ... (3/10/2008 9:51 AM) : 

Holy crap, you must live in Ohio.

I don't envy you one bit in that snow. Hope you have lots of wine and good desserts to munch on.

 

Blogger Chris said ... (3/10/2008 8:51 PM) : 

Whoa! I must say...While beautiful...I so don't miss that snow.

 

Blogger Tracy said ... (3/12/2008 4:26 PM) : 

Hope you're all dug out, Lis. I always tell myself that the snow is annoying, but at least we don't get hurricanes, earthquakes and wild fires that could kill us.

Cool video! Nothing like the blues to get you out of the dumps. My favorite song to sing in the band is an old blues standard. I smile every time we sing it.

 

Blogger kellypea said ... (3/12/2008 7:40 PM) : 

I just can't get the image of you running to suck on a cube of butter outta my head, Lis. I've tried. Truly I have. Maybe I should stick my head in the snow, right? You know how I like the IDEA of weather. Heart you!

 

post a comment