Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

What a strange morning

Twice now I've been bound and determined to go to work since all this nastiness has started and twice now I've ended up not going. Once I started moving around after posting yesterday morning, the pains started flairing up enough that I was bent over in agony again after my bath. Tears of frustration ensued and Hubbs called right in the middle of my breakdown. He screamed at me to get off my feet, take a pain pill and call off, for crissakes! Ugh. He was pretty shook up and felt miserable because he was so far away. I had to listen to him motherf*ck our boss for "making" him leave while I'm sick and how frustrated he was because he wasn't close by. Listening to him got my mind off my tantrum over the pain I've got no control over and I calmed down. It was my turn to console him and talk him down from his tantrum. We work well that way. We are good at getting each other's mind off what's ailing us (physically and mentally) by listening to the other bitch. hehe

So this work thing.. if it weren't for being so damn dependent on a pay check I wouldn't give a damn about what my boss thought. Well, I take that back, kind of.. I would care about what my boss thinks of me because I like my boss, probably too much. For all of his prima donna temper tantrums and his constant paranoia about how everyone is out to screw him, he's a nice guy. Good looking too. =) There are many days I feel that I can talk to him about anything.. we joke about a lot of things and he usually always gives me a good giggle or two throughout the day. So it's not him, it's my actual job and the atmosphere I work in that I despise and couldn't give two shits about if, again, I didn't need that freakin' paycheck so badly. I've mentioned it before but I'll mention it again. My job is beyond boring. I'm sick of working with computers, I'm sick of working in an office all day doing repetitive, mind-numbing work. Why don't I leave? I'll tell ya why.. I'm partly scared to death because I know I've got it good and am afraid that anywhere else will be just as mind-numbingly boring without the perks I have now. I am also lazy and a downright creature of habit. My life would probably be much more rewarding to me if I'd just bite the bullet and find something (anything) that would help pay my bills while I went to cooking school.. but my lazy ass won't do it. Well that and cooking school is too expensive for us to budget in anytime soon. I tried again two months ago to see if I could get a student loan and swing both the job and school, but when it came down to payments.. gah.. we just can't do it right now.

Anyhoo.. what's with this post? Okay.. so this morning, I woke up feeling REFRESHED people! I almost skipped to the bathroom when I got outta bed. If it weren't for the usual mad dash to the potty to relieve a night's worth of bladder fill up, I would have thought I was still dreaming! No pain.. no pain in the least! Joy! Joy! Annndddd I had slept for over 5 hours - FIVE! That's the most I've slept (in consecutive hours) since two Thursdays ago! Straight, restful, uninterrupted, beauteous sleep. *Squeee!*

I was fully dressed and ready for work with a smile on my face 30 minutes early! I kissed the kids goodbye, got in my car and the 50 kajillion degrees of Africa hot didn't even bother me.. it's gonna be a good day, my friends, a good day. And then I got to work.

Bossman came out into the parking lot to meet me at my car and his first words were an incredulous, "What the hell are you doing here?" I looked around to make sure there was no one else nearby that he could be talking to and realized it was just me. I replied with, "Uhh.. reporting for duty, sir?" while looking at him as if I had just discovered a nubbin peaking out of his shirt. What the hell did he think I was doing there? Donating blood? And he says to me, "You're pushing yourself.. just like you always do.. you come back from work from major surgery early because you think you have to, you come in when your sick because you think you have to.. you always do this!" 'kay.. never heard him complain before about coming back early from medical leave, so wtf? So I told him to explain himself because he wasn't making sense and that I was feeling F.I.N.E. Fine. Well, apparently, the last conversation he had with Hubbs alarmed him. Firstly, he knew how bad the pain was, just by hearing it in my voice - especially yesterday morning when I called in and secondly he got his ass chewed out by one of his supervisors because he was over 800 miles away from his sick wife! tee! Wayne never told me he actually said something to our boss. He left that lil gem out of our conversations both last night and this morning. In essence, he put the fear of God into bossman.

I was kinda shocked to hear that Wayne had said anything to him.. it's not really his style. And it was kind of wrong for him to say anything to bossman, because bossman really didn't "make" Wayne do anything he didn't want to do. We discussed this last trip to Arkansas at length a few nights ago and we both agreed that I had my mom, along with many friends, close by should anything go wrong while he was gone. The job in Arkansas is his roof and he had to take responsbility for getting the repairs done. Granted, the roof system manufacturer should have inspected the roof before our guys came home and it's their fault that they didn't, forcing our company to send a couple guys back during our peak season. But that's just the way it panned out and really, what can ya do?

Regardless, I explained to bossman that I really was feeling great.. the pain was gone - it left as unexpectedly as it had came. I felt good and was ready to get back to work, but he wouldn't hear any of it. He actually told me to get my ass back in my car and if I felt so damn good then take the day to go do something fun with my mother. Hello? Bossman, you're nice and I like working for you.. but whatcha been smoking this morning, dude? But he was serious. So guess what? I'm STILL at home! He would rather me take an extra day off than deal with the wrath of hubbs. hahahhaa! I'm so confuzzled. But isn't there some saying about looking at a gift horse in the mouth? I don't really know what that means or if it even pertains to my very long-winded story or not.. but here I am. At home, bored. It's Africa hot outside so there's no way I'm venturing into the swelter. Well, maybe I'll run up to Blockbuster and see if maybe there is a lone movie somewhere that I haven't seen yet.. but that's about all the action I'm up for. Now wait a minute? Don't I run this here cooking blog?? I've got A/C - it's a balmy 72ยบ in my house.. I'll go cook! Party on!

See yas.. ;)

Labels:

Comments on "What a strange morning"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8/01/2006 12:45 PM) : 

Hello my little sweetie! I'm glad your boss sent you home. I had just picked up my purse to come and find you and beat you for leaving home! Stay home! I don't care what you do. Cook, watch tv, read ... but stay home and take care of yourself. Work will always be there ... believe me!

Sounds like you have a great boss!

 

Blogger Acme Instant Food said ... (8/01/2006 1:21 PM) : 

I like your boss' style -- and your husband's too! Take it easy there Molly Brown. Here, have a laugh (or a groan...):

Joe and Wanda had a small apartment in the city and they decided that the only way to pull off a Sunday afternoon quickie with their ten-year-old son in the apartment was to send him out on the balcony and order him to report on all the neighbourhood activities. To a young boy, they thought, spying would be a lot of fun and would distract him for an hour or so. The boy began his commentary as his parents put their plan into operation. "There's a car being towed from the parking lot," he said. "An ambulance just drove by." A few moments passed. "Looks like the Andersons have company," he called out. "Matt's riding a new bike and the Coopers are making whoopie." Mom and Dad shot up in bed. "How do you know that?" the startled father asked. "Their kid is standing out on the balcony too," his son replied.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8/01/2006 1:32 PM) : 

So glad you are feeling better.

 

Blogger Di's Kitchen said ... (8/01/2006 3:05 PM) : 

Are we the same person? Are you me? Wow, I think we have the same crappy job and the same terrified of the hubby boss, although my boss I like not so much.

Take hubby's advice, get better or the drudge of work will just drag you down even more!

Since you are home alone, watch something you would LOVE and you hubby would roll his eyes over!

Oh, and eat some chocolate, its good for you!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8/02/2006 6:38 AM) : 

So glad to hear that you're doing better hon, was quite worried about what was going on! I echo everyone else's sentiments, take it easy, relax, have a glass of wine and a piece of good-quality chocolate ;)

 

Blogger Acme Instant Food said ... (8/02/2006 1:01 PM) : 

Here is your joke for Wednesday.

A woman goes to her local pet shop in search of a pet. There she finds a brightly plumed parrot. "How much for the bird?" she asks. "Oh, you don't want that bird," replies the storekeeper. "He used to live in a whorehouse, so he's got a dirty mouth." "But he's so pretty," she gushes. "I'll tell you what. Take him home, try him out. If it doesn't work, bring him back." When it arrives at its new home, the bird looks around and squawks, "New house, new madam." The woman is disturbed, but ignores it. Hours later, her daughters come home from school. Again the bird looks around and screeches, "New house, new madam, new hookers." The woman is bothered, but ignores it, after all, the bird hasn't actually cursed. A few hours later, her husband comes home from work. Again, after looking around, the bird squawks, "New house, new madam, new hookers. Hi, George."

 

post a comment