Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Monday, September 03, 2007

OH NO!!

Okay.. Right now, Ivonne and I are going over the submissions to La Festa al Fresco 2007 (thanks everyone!) And she's sending me the submissions that were sent to just her and I'm looking at these and noticing that quite a few were originally also sent to my lamiacucina67@gmail.com account - BUT I NEVER GOT THEM!

So.. for shits and giggles, I decide to go check out the gmail.com website (I have my lamiacucina67 email forwarded to another email address so I can get my mail in the email program I use) and I click on the SPAM box which holds over 1,000 emails.. to my HORROR not only do I find all these wonderful submissions - plus other's that were sent only to me.. but TONS of requests to join the Daring Bakers!!

I AM SO SORRY!!! Holy crap all I can think about is all of you wonderful people who I never responded to, getting together and forming a posse to come beat my ass while calling me all kinds of bad names for being so rude to you!!

Okay so yeah, I know no one is out there forming a posse.. you wouldn't do that would you?? :P

But honestly, I am so very, very sorry I never got these e-mails. I ALWAYS reply - it might take a bit, but I always do reply. And I will reply to each and every one of you who sent something to me. Although it's going to take a bit to get through them all.

Now, here's what's even worse.. until today, every month or so (sometimes 2 or more months - eek!) I'd go check the spam box on that website and simply hit the DELETE ALL without going through them because I had such high regard for Gmail and it's filters. I rarely get any spam from that account but I never stopped to think, "What else am I not getting?" UGH. I feel horrible.. I've had my lamiacucina67@gmail.com now for well over a year.. so if any of you who wrote me before uhh.. July? and didn't get a reply, I'm really not rude! I swear! Write me again! Or leave me a comment and I promise to get back to you!

I will be checking the spam account EVERY DAY FROM HERE ON OUT. I promise!

To those who had requested to be in the Daring Bakers.. we'll get you all in October, okay? I'll be writing to you shortly. =)

Again, I'm so sorry this has happened.

xoxo

Labels: , , , ,

Comments on "OH NO!!"

 

Blogger Kalyn Denny said ... (9/03/2007 12:13 PM) : 

What a nightmare, so sorry to hear it. But don't worry, everyone knows how nice you are, so people will understand!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9/03/2007 2:11 PM) : 

Don't worry! I'll protect you!

 

Blogger Peabody said ... (9/03/2007 4:46 PM) : 

Don't be to sure about that...I was thinking about forming a posse.

 

Blogger MyKitchenInHalfCups said ... (9/03/2007 6:23 PM) : 

Right Peabody and I'll join you and we'll string her up right after she bakes us some goodies!

Naw, we'll protect you but some baked goodies would be ok too!

 

Blogger Valerie Harrison (bellini) said ... (9/03/2007 8:06 PM) : 

I'm with the other ladies. I love chocolate so just keep that in mind to make it up to me. Wink...wink... I have added you to a MEME as well Lis because your name began with the letter "L". I know we do lots of these and there are only so many hours in the day for blogging so participate only if you care to. Check out my answers some day when you recover from your e-mails!!!

 

Blogger Cynthia said ... (9/03/2007 8:28 PM) : 

Awww shucks, sorry to hear that Lisa. Never mind, if any one forms a posse, I'll come help defend you :)

 

Blogger SteamyKitchen said ... (9/03/2007 10:10 PM) : 

My friend, I'm sure you'll be forgiven by everyone!

If not, I'll protect you with my Ninja Numbchuck skills.

 

Blogger Belinda said ... (9/03/2007 11:25 PM) : 

Nobody could ever accuse you of being rude, Lisa...you are one of the very sweetest blogging gals around, and that's a fact. :-)

 

Blogger Kirsten said ... (9/04/2007 1:53 AM) : 

Email is such a pain. :)

 

Blogger Meeta K. Wolff said ... (9/04/2007 2:14 AM) : 

When I was 8 I had 8 lessons in Judo so I am sure I can protect you! LOL! But it#s something I noticed too - Google has lately been putting a lot of my Monthly Mingle entries in the spam folder too! So I have been checking the spam folder more closely after many entries for the last mingle got deleted!

 

Blogger Jenny said ... (9/04/2007 5:22 AM) : 

Oooh there is a posse out to get you unless you give them chocolate treats? Sounds fun!
Don't feel too bad - I now routinely scan my spam box on all my email accounts since there seems to be no rhyme or reason why some things get spammed and others don't. Heck my email regularly spams the emails I send myself with links to recipes I want to use!

 

Blogger Lis said ... (9/04/2007 10:27 AM) : 

Kalyn - Aww thanks ;)

Ivonne - Hold me!

Gracie - HAR!

Tanna - I'll get right on that :D

Val - Thanks! I think we've taken care of most everything through email now, yes? THANK GAWD! heee

Cynthia - thank you SO MUCH!

Jaden - HAHAHAHAHAAAA!! Do you make the funny noises "Hiiii Yaaaa!" while using your mad skillz? Bless your cotton socks. ;)

Belinda - No.. you are. xoxo

Kirsten - I couldn't agree more.. MIDNIGHT that's how fakkin late I was up apologizing to all those lovely ppl. :P

Meeta - Between you and Jaden, I know feel safe.. thanks! ;)

Jenny - Gotta love email, eh? hehehe

xoxo

 

Blogger kellypea said ... (9/04/2007 1:16 PM) : 

Lis, that's the best "Dog at my Homework" story I've every heard. Bwha-hahahahahaha.

Just kidding. Hugs?

 

Blogger Caribbean Dreamer said ... (9/04/2007 5:20 PM) : 

Lisa - I have soooo much catching up to do with your blog and everyone else's! My life has been in turmoil and I've missed my blog posting/reading so much. I hope to get back into the swing of things so very soon. Take care and I'll be "reading you" soon!

 

Blogger Chris said ... (9/04/2007 9:19 PM) : 

Okay...okay...Why you all duke it out...I will be on the sidelines at the baked goods stand! :)

And - Kellypea, wouldn't you know that I was observing a class the other day and a kid actually used that excuse! The two co-teachers and I couldn't help but laugh - aloud! He actually thought we'd believe it! Middle Schoolers....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9/05/2007 9:17 AM) : 

Don't you hate them spams. I had some real emails just buried in them.

 

Blogger Andrea said ... (9/05/2007 2:56 PM) : 

Oh, what a pain! So sorry to hear about all that. I'll join the group protecting you and will bribe with chocolate!

 

post a comment