Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Monday, August 14, 2006

I'm so excited!

Yes.. so very much so that I couldn't even wait until my normal posting time (the crack of dawn each morning) and had to post right this instant - much to Hubbs chagrin that dinner is going to be late.. hehee!

Lookie! Lookie! Lookie!

Blogger Postcards from the World!

I received my postcard today from Joey of 80 Breakfasts! I couldn't have received a better card.. not only is this a gorgeous Boracay Island photo, but it's also the island where Joey was married - how romantic! =) And wait! There's more! I'm thinking Joey might be a tad bit psychic as she sent me a card that looks an awful lot like the mural I had painted on a wall in my guest bedroom right after we bought this house 3 years ago.. don't believe me? Look!

My Guest Bedroom

Pretty awesome, eh?? They match.. kinda! 'cept mine has a lil leezard wearin' a sombrero soakin' up the sun on mine. :D

I had a lot of fun with Postcards from the World and I just want to thank Meeta so very much for coming up with the idea and executing it perfectly. And I want to thank Joey for such a beautiful card and such nice words written on the back.. *Big Hugs* back to you, Joey!

I got a cool card in the mail today and I discovered another new blog that I can spend time reading, drooling over and getting to know a nice gal from a place so far away.. How great is that? =)

Labels:

Comments on "I'm so excited!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8/15/2006 4:00 AM) : 

That's a fantastic postcard, and that mural is to die for! Pleeze post a close-up of the little lizard, he looks cute but I can barely make him out!

That's such a great idea for the wall - mural is much more fun that just off-white like mine :(

 

Blogger Jen said ... (8/15/2006 5:46 AM) : 

wow, what a beautiful postcard. I was born in the Philippines but left when I was 6, it makes me a want to go back to visit : )

 

Blogger Lis said ... (8/15/2006 6:41 AM) : 

Ellie - I took great advantage of a friend of mine's talent.. I had her paint 4 rooms in this house - and she did an amazing job on each one (especially my kitchen/dining rooms.. gorgeous, if I do say so myself!) Maybe one day I'll post all the pictures =) In the meantime, I'll get a close up of the lil leezard for you!

jenjen - yes, that is an awesome card isn't it? It definitely put the Philippines on my list of places I want to visit =)

 

Blogger Meeta K. Wolff said ... (8/15/2006 3:59 PM) : 

yipee! Lisa, Joey sent you a wonderful card. I am really enjoying looking at where and when all these are landing! BTW: love the painting on the wall

 

Blogger K and S said ... (8/16/2006 1:59 AM) : 

that is cool!

 

Blogger Lis said ... (8/16/2006 6:33 AM) : 

Meeta.. thank you! I was so excited to receive it (could you tell? heheheee)

K & S - It is, isn't it? Thanks for stopping by! =)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8/16/2006 2:41 PM) : 

What a beautiful postcard!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8/16/2006 9:58 PM) : 

Hi Lisa! Glad you got it and liked it! :) I have been waiting just as eagerly to see if you got it as I was waiting for my own card, heehee :)

I am totally floored by your mural! First, it's GREAT and in a beach theme which I love, and second, it really does match the card...what an amazing coincidence!

 

Blogger Lis said ... (8/17/2006 6:41 AM) : 

Ivonne - I couldn't agree more =)

Joey - A perfectly wonderful coincidence! I know what you mean about being as anxious to see your card received as you are of receiving yours.. I'm still waiting for my secret partner to get hers.. can't believe it's taking so long! hehe

 

post a comment