Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Just a lil fyi..

Firstly, I really want to try to express how wonderful you've all made me feel with your get well wishes and your concerned e-mails.. there really aren't words to show you how blessed I am to have met such wonderful friends by way of this blogging hobby of mine. Had I known I'd meet such beautiful people like yourselves, I would have started this blogging thing up YEARS ago. It will never cease to amaze me how you can feel so close to people that you, most likely, will never get to meet in person. You all are very special people and I thank my good fortune to have met you. You really do mean as much to me as the friends I get to see and talk to on a daily basis. Truly. Thank you for that =)

Secondly, I just want to let you all know that I'm fine. The pain is completely gone and although I'm going to miss a few things in my diet, I can guarantee that unless a wayward kernal of corn or small seed of some sort gets past my inspection of what passes these lips from now on, I will NOT ever go through that again. hehee Diverticulitis is a nasty lil ailment that I do NOT wish to experience again.

This past Wednesday I had an ultrasound of my ovaries and the cysts have gone away. I finally got up the courage to ask if they can lead to the C word and I was told they would not.. YAY!!! Unfortunately, I will continue to get the bleeding cysts - but it's not known if it will happen monthly.. semi-annually.. annually.. you get the picture. So if I'm lucky, they will not appear much and I won't have to go through that pain very often. If they do appear on a regular basis, I'll have to consider losing the ovaries - but that's something to think about only when I absolutely have to.. not going to worry about it now.

And finally.. if anyone has wondered why the lack of posts since I've been feeling so much better.. I seemed to have lost my appetite somewhere these past few weeks and I can't find it for the life of me. Believe me, I've checked under the sofa cushions, the guest bedroom closet, out back near the pond.. EVERYWHERE. It's no where to be found.. YET. I'm confident it will show up again one day, as I've never lost it for very long in my close to 40 (ugh) years. And since this is the closest I'll probably ever get to a diet, I'm not complaining tooooooo much. ;)

Today we are off to my niece's (one of many!) 4th birthday party. Before we go, I really want to make this peach cobbler that Stephen of Stephen Cooks - What's for Dinner made recently. I've got some beautiful peaches just begging to be worked with and if I can get the gumption to get my arse into my kitchen this morning, I'll post about it soon!

Thank you again for being.. well.. you! Much love and hugs!
xoxo

PS to Kevin - Sending huge hugs your way. My thoughts and prayers that you, Ed and Janet are doing okay have been foremost in my heart.

Labels:

Comments on "Just a lil fyi.."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8/13/2006 5:13 PM) : 

Lis,

I'm so glad to hear that you're well and that you're feeling better. Enjoy the party!

 

Blogger Lis said ... (8/14/2006 7:27 AM) : 

Thanks sweetie!! It was fun.. well as much fun as an adult can have at a 4 year old's party. lol But I did get to snuggle up to cute chubby babies (she has twin 20 mo. old brothers), which is one of my most favorite things in alla world ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8/14/2006 8:49 AM) : 

I'm glad to hear that things are relatively back to normal inside and outside your physical person. I'm sure your appetite will be found somewhere along the way - I'd send a sweetie to help tempt it out if I could ;)

 

post a comment